5-2-1 #7

Happy 5-2-1 Impact Thursday! ๐Ÿ’ #7

Here are 5 smart insights I've learnt, 2 quotes from others, and 1 conversation starter/ question to think about this week.

๐ŸŒŽ5 HIGH PERFORMANCE INSIGHTS๐ŸŒŽ

๐ŸŒฟ1๐ŸŒฟ

“Not all Managers make good leaders and not all leaders make good managers.”

Leadership is about being able to take a group of people in a direction or to a destination they have not imagined possible. Managers see what is possible and take a group of people there. Both are important but they may not necessary be able to play each other's role.

๐ŸŒฟ2๐ŸŒฟ

“Our thoughts can literally make us physically sick, similarly, good thoughts can make you physically healthy”

Its a scientific fact that the hormones of stress down-regulates genes and cause diseases. Humans beings because of the size of the neocortex can turn on the stress response just by our thoughts alone and turn on those chemicalsย ย 

That literally means our thoughts can make us physically unwell and by the same logic, our thoughts could make us well.

๐ŸŒฟ3๐ŸŒฟ

“If we are not mindful, by the time we are 35, we may be programmed to think a certain way for the rest of our lives.”

When you wake up in the morning and you begin to think about the problems and routines of the day, you fire off circuits in the brain and trigger memory. Each memory is connected to an emotion. How you feel creates your state of being. So by default, each day you wake up, you are already living in the past.ย 

Now you repeat the routine and it becomes like a program. By the time we are 35, 95% of who we are functions like a program so even if 5% of our brain says I want to be healthy and I want to do good things for my body, it wont work because the other 95% of the body is on a whole different program.

๐ŸŒฟ4๐ŸŒฟ

“Do not mistake pain with suffering.”

Pain is a good thing physically because that is your self-preservation mechanism kicking in but suffering is something you do in your mind. So pain happens in your body, you take the pain and multiply a thousands times in your mind and ten years later, you can still suffer from the same memory.

You are not suffering life but the two most fantastic faculties that human beings alone have and that is a vivid sense of memory and a great great imagination.

๐ŸŒฟ5๐ŸŒฟ

“We need mentors.”

Muhammad Ali never won a championship without Angelo Dundee. Michael Jordan has never won a championship without Phil Jackson.ย 

So you got to have someone that can see something in you that you cant see that can take you to a place within yourself that you cant go by yourself.

๐ŸŒŽ2 QUOTES FROM OTHERS๐ŸŒŽ

๐ŸŒณ1๐ŸŒณ

“If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done” – Thomas Jefferson

๐ŸŒณ2๐ŸŒณ

“The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life” –ย  Sadhguru

๐ŸŒŽ1 QUESTION FOR YOU๐ŸŒŽ

Have I controlled the direction my life has taken for the past 2 months?

Think about how you started the year. It has been two months. Have you been mindful of the way you have been living?

Are you living your best life? What can you do to make the next two months your best life?

Go deep, get asking.๐ŸŒ

Until next week,
Caleb & Yvonne Megan

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *