How to jumpstart your property investment journey into prime district from a 4 room BTO in Choa Chu Kang and enjoy possible passive income of more than $1500 monthly
Couple, mid 30s with 2 kids in their 1st BTO at Choa Chu Kang for 7 years, (Household income less than $12K/ Month)
Learn how Mr. & Mrs. Lee has successfully bought a River Valley development with half of the cash outlay, which they initially thought that they could only afford a 60 years balance lease property for investment.
* Names have been altered for privacy
- Couples in their 30s with two growing children below 12 years old stay in their first BTO Flat.
- Fully paid up HDB Loan and want to invest in 2nd property.
- To buy a 2nd property for investment / passive income
- Agonised over the loss when they found out 2nd property requires additional stamp duty and its limitation on the
use of CPF.
- That would mean with their hard-earned savings of 200K, they are constrained by the options in the next property purchase.
- Though the HDB that has gained more than $150K increased in value, 1/3 of the capital gains return back to CPF account due to 2.5% accrued interest payable for the used amount in CPF compounded, until the property is sold.
- To evaluate and weigh pros & cons of combine purchase
vs 2 properties.
- To identify the importance of first investment as stepping stone.
- To sort out all options: Resale VS New Launch.
- To identify highest possible rental yield on top of built-in profits that will help them to springboard to multiple properties after 3 years.
Own a HDB For More Than 5 Years?
Find Out If You Are Eligible To Upgrade Without Touching Your Savings!